- Reviews (0)
Pine 6″ log siding is perfect for those who want the look of a pine log home without building with full logs. To complete this look, consider adding matching false, butt and pass style log corners. The 6″ siding is available in either Tongue & Groove or shiplap profiles. However, T&G is more popular due to the fact that you can blind nail through the tongue. This provides a much cleaner look because there are no exposed nails in the face of the siding.
Pine 6″ Log Siding Specifications
- Made by The Wood Mill of Maine
- High quality eastern white pine
- Rounded face for the look of a full log
- 5 1/8″ face (19 courses for 8′ walls)
- Matching 6×6″ butt and pass style false corners available
- Tongue & Groove (also available as shiplap by request)
- Random Length 8′ – 16′ ( 10% discount if we can include 6′ )
- Kiln Dried
- Smooth Finish
- No caulk required
- Zero Waste*
Pine 6″ Log Siding Installation
As with any of our log siding products, proper installation and finishing ( Q8 log oil ) are vital to protecting the siding from moisture absorption and UV degradation.
- Keep the log siding in a dry area to prevent it from picking up moisture before installation.
- After installing all of the siding, lightly power wash the surface with a mild cleaning solution to remove any grime and gently raise the grain. This will allow for better absorption of the stain or finish.
- While no caulk is required, we do recommend using a textured caulk around windows, doors and other openings. This will help prevent water from getting behind the siding over time.
- Once the log siding is clean, use a high quality finish system ( Q8 log oil ) to maximize the life of the siding.
*All of our products are “zero waste.” This means you only pay for a good usable product.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.