Our cedar log railings are hand hewed and made from durable eastern white cedar. White cedar is suitable for both interior and exterior use, including decks, porches, lofts, or decorative railings. Our cedar railings are available in 6′, 8′, and 10′ sections which are easily adjustable on the job site to fit most decks. To adjust rail lengths, simply cut the top and bottom rails measuring from both ends. This allows for uniform spacing throughout the railing system. Our railing sections are sold disassembled, but the accurate pre-drilling in the top/bottom rails makes assembly a snap. Each section of railing is shipped with the correct amount spindles needed. All posts are sold separately!!
[divider]Cedar Log Railing Specifications
- Hand hewed eastern white cedar
- 6′ (10 spindles) 8′ (13 spindles) or 10′ (17 spindles) sections
- 2 7/8″ diameter top and bottom rails, with mortise holes spaced 6.5″ on center
- 2 7/8″ diameter, 30″ tall, tenoned spindles (length includes the 1.5″ x 1.5″ tenons)
- 32″ from top (of top rail) to the bottom (of the bottom rail)
- 45″ maximum top rail height when installed on predrilled posts
- 37″ railing height when posts are installed with 8″ saddle notch
- 6′, 8′, or 10′ un-drilled handrails are also available.
[divider]The recommended post diameter for most applications is 6″, which are available pre-drilled in 4′ lengths. 5′, 8′, and 10′ posts are also available, but the mortise holes are not pre-drilled in those lengths. If your project calls for something a little bigger, 8″ posts are also available up to 8′ long.
Spindle spacing and rail heights are compliant with BOCA codes. For dimensions and spacing see below.
This rail system is designed to be customer and builder friendly. Also, it looks great with our matching 5/4″ white cedar decking.[divider]