- Reviews (0)
Cedar 6″ log siding is our most popular and economical choice for cedar log siding. It is perfect for those who want the look of a cedar log home without building with full logs. To complete this look, consider adding matching false, butt and pass style log corners. It is available in either T&G or shiplap. T&G is more popular due to fact that you can blind nail through the tongue, leaving no exposed nails on the face of the siding. This provides a cleaner look and no risk of the nails ” bleeding ” down the face of the siding.
Cedar 6″ Log Siding Specifications
- Made by The Wood Mill of Maine
- High quality eastern white cedar
- Rounded face for the look of a full log
- 5 1/8″ face (19 courses for 8′ walls)
- Matching 6×6″ butt and pass style false corners available
- Tongue & Groove (also available as shiplap by request)
- Random Length 4′ – 8′
- Air Dried
- Smooth Finish
- No caulk required
- Zero Waste*
Cedar 6″ Log Siding Installation
As with any of our log siding products, proper installation and finishing ( Q8 log oil ) are key to protecting the siding from moisture absorption and UV degradation.
- Keep the log siding in a dry area to prevent it from picking up moisture before installation.
- After hanging all of the siding, lightly power wash with Cedar Wash to clean the surface and gently raise the grain so it will better absorb the stain or finish.
- While no caulk is required, we do recommend using Energy Seal around windows, doors and other openings. This will help prevent water from getting behind the siding over time.
- Once the log siding is clean, use a high quality primer, stain and clear topcoat for the best protection.
*All of our products are “zero waste.” This means you only pay for good usable product.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.